Sunday, October 30, 2011

Oops

Because things don't always end up the way we intend them to, I humbly present this, my first dog sweater.  I designed this without a model, and the leg openings ended up too far from the neck.  I'm pretty sure there isn't a dog with a long enough neck for this one.  If you can think of one, please introduce us.


I do, however, really like the design.  It's a simple turtleneck sweater with ribbed neck, hem, and very short ribbed sleeves.  It has a simple 6-stitch cable down the back and a harness or leash opening.  I will definitely try this one again and get it right.

In designing knitted garments, I'm learning patience, among many other things.  I don't always get it right the first time, and I have to go back to the literal drawing board.  Rather than be disappointed, I'm learning to appreciate my mistakes and what I learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment