Thursday, October 20, 2011

Argyle

I belong to a few different knitting groups, one of which is dedicated to knitting socks.  We vote on a pattern and we all knit it in our own way.  Recently the theme was argyle, and we chose a pattern designed by one of our members.



Knitting the argyle pattern was really fun and interesting, as I hadn't had much experience with intarsia knitting.   It hit me that an argyle sweater for a dog would be pretty cute.  I designed this one to have a simple argyle pattern on the back, a stretchy garter stitch belly panel, with a ribbed hem and neckline.  I chose colors that are pretty classic in argyle-- burgundy, dark blue, and a heathered gray.  I chose very smooth 100% wool yarn for maximum stitch definition and clarity in the design.


When we did our argyle sock knitalong, some friends used colors that aren't normally seen in argyle socks-- really fun, bright combinations.  Seeing such a conservative pattern in wacky colors is so unexpected and eye-catching.  I might try something like that in the future.  



No comments:

Post a Comment