Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A bit of lace, modeled.

Oh, I love this sweater!  I'm sending it off tomorrow for Petchitecture's auction, where I hope it will fetch a pretty penny for PAWS.


It was modeled for me by the lovely Chloe.  I asked her owner what breed she was, then promptly forgot.  Next time I'll take notes.


About the sweater!  I used a wool/mohair blend, because I love the halo, but I also wanted some stitch definition to show off my lace.



I made the hems rolled, with a garter stitch chest for stretch.


The lace panel is over a background of stockinette, so it would really stand out.  I'm so pleased with how it turned out, and also with how well-behaved Chloe was as a model.  She was the easiest dog to photograph thus far in my career as a canine fashion designer/photographer.  When I see her at the park, I'll be sure to say hello.


No comments:

Post a Comment